Mar 18, 2016

Swatch: Colourpop Super Shock Shadows - Puppy Love, I Heart This, Erotic, Doe-a-Deer

Finally got to try out some Colourpop stuff! To pick out a few items among all that awesome stuff was pure torture. I want so much more!!!

I tried to pick out stuff that I actually would use, rather than things I just wanted bcuz pretty. Or bright. I narrowed things down with thinking I 'needed' a  base color that could be used as a highlighter, something glittery, something smokey and something bright. Because ordering stuff från Colourpop without getting someting that POPS aint right, dawg. (Sorry, watching Fresh Prince while writing)
A quick swatch of the Lippie Stix "Bichette" is in this post too, I dont know how to write anything but "it's perfect" about it. It might get its own post.


Puppy Love


I Heart This




Erotic



Doe-a-Deer



First swatch with just one swipe and no primer (and Bichette)


Swatch over primer, several swipes with finger


Ok, thoughts..
First up, Puppy Love. I couldnt really catch it's pretty duochrome/sheen-ness. Peachy colour with a soft pink and cold sheen. "All proceeds from the sale of ‘Puppy Love’ will be donated to Best Friends Animal Society". This donating thing, with the paw on the lid and the perfect base color/highlight, it was no brainer that I had to get it. Sadly, it's not available any more.

And then then on to something glittery... And boy, Colourpop have some nice glittery ones. I thought I would by something that would be easily packed on it's on or on other shadows for a pop of sparkle. Enter, I Heart This. Described as "Cool-toned silvery taupe with multi-coloured glitter", this color is super perdy! Its like... cool and warm at the same time. KWAARM. (H5 if you get the reference) Lots of sparkle, all though the silver showes up a bit more.

Doe-a-Deer got to be the "something smokey" shadow. I thought it would bring out the green in my eyes in a smokey look, or just a simple crease colour that isnt black or brown. Described as a "blackened violet", I feel is more of a dark plum with a hint of a purple sheen. Gorgeous. 

And for the fun shadow. Erotic. This shadow makes me moan. It's described as a "Super neon candy apple red with sparkling pink and copper glitter" and I couldnt agree more. Super bright, super sparkly. Super erotic. Also, look at this close up swatch, is pure sex.

I havent played around with these shadow that much, therefore I havent really commented on the quality. If you are new to Colourpop, I can tell you that these shadows are not regular shadows. They are in this.. weird.. mousse-y gel formula. That turns into powder when used.
Cant wait to do some looks with them!

** Colourpop är ganska svårt att få tag i i Sverige då de inte fraktar utanför USA. Jag sambeställde med två andra, varav en av oss hade kontakter i USA som kunde beställa hem till sig och skicka vidare ut till Sverige. Annars går det att skaffa sådan där postbox av något slag. Är inte tillräckligt påläst för att vilja tipsa om något där. Googla!